Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A quiz

Ha well, this is a bit late, but I just realised I got tagged by Quek to do one of those blog quizzes, which I generally don't do 'cos I can't be bothered and I think it's silly to keep passing the quiz on to other people. It's like one of those stupid chain emails that either bless or curse you. But because I feel like blogging today and it's a fairly interesting quiz (I would like to see how I answer it too), I shall try it out. But before I begin I'll add this disclaimer: I'm not going to pass it on. The buck stops here.

#1. If your lover betrayed you, what will your reaction be?

Ha well, what a question to start with. I would definitely be pissed, and hurt, very. Probably shocked too. The order in which those emotions arrive would depend on how exactly I was betrayed I suppose. Or it would be a mixture of everything at once.

#2. If you can have a dream come true, what would it be?

Ahhh, I like this. It would be my usual fantasy of relaxing in some far off exotic location involving either of the two following scenarios (of course if I could shuttle between both it would be even better): curling up in a cosy armchair by a crackling fire in some homely cottage, book in hand, with a large library behind me, next to a window with snow falling outside. Actually need not be snow. Could be lush rolling green fields with snowcapped mountains in the distance, ie somewhere in Switzerland. The other scenario would be lounging on the beach in either the Maldives or the Bahamas before returning to my suite in Hotel Atlantis. Actually come to think of it I would prefer the European fantasy.

#3. If you could be at one place right now, where would it be?

I'm tempted to say see the above, but on second thought there are so many places I'd rather be in. Hmm, either London or Venice I suppose.

#4. Are you confused as to what lies ahead of you?

Yes. I wish I knew my destiny, but then things wouldn't be so exciting.

#5. What's your ideal lover like?

Ha, wouldn't you like to know. Uh, intelligent (not more than me), easygoing, friendly, able to hold a good long conversation, confident but not to the point of overbearing obnoxiousness, caring, tactful, and yes, a good dose of sweetness. Hai why does it always have to be sweet? But I realise I have a sweet tooth. Oh yes and pleasant to the eye of course. Preferably with a good sense of fashion.

#6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?

To love, of course, since it is quality of the divine, to love without expectation.

#7. How long do you intend to wait for someone you really love?

Depends on what you mean by wait. As in how long will I wait to find someone I really love, or how long will I wait for the person I love to ready to love me back/return from some far off journey/marry me? In both cases, it's really hard to set a timeframe.

#8. If the person you secretly like is already attached, what would you do?

Wait and see.

#9. Is there anything that has made you unhappy these days?

Yes. The Navy and my general feeling of discontentment with life.

#10. What do you want most in life?

To buy a house with a white picket fence. Seriously, to find something truly fulfilling and do it.

#11. Is being tagged fun?

No.. This quiz is very long...

#12. How do you see yourself in ten years time?

Successful and married.

#13. Who is the current most important person to you?

No one in particular.

#14. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?

Narcississtic, to ask such a question. Nah, but seriously, he's smart, opinionated, moody and melancholic, good to go shopping and eating with, nice to talk to.

#15. Would you rather be single & rich or married but poor?

Uh, single and rich, because because being married and poor can potentially cause a lot of misery for the family, and being single and rich doesn't necessarily mean you're lonely and miserable. Besides, who knows?

#16. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be?

A cute little dog.

#17. What are one of those things which you would prefer not to do?

NS.

#18. What kind of person do you think you are?

Complicated.

#19. What do you define as a bad day?

Being in camp.

#20. If you have to choose between love and friendship, what would it be?

This is a stupid question, because as quek pointed out, friendship is a form of love, and the best lovers are friends. But since the questioner obviously meant romantic love, I suppose I'd go with that, since what's the point of all the friends in the world if you missed the one person you were made for?


And that ends it! What a long quiz. Anyway, it's been pretty exciting in camp, but I;m probably not allowed to talk about what happened, so call me if you want to know.

1 comment:

bellylazyfoodie said...

#7. How long do you intend to wait for someone you really love?

shldnt ur answer be "till i'm rich and where they flock to me?"

HAHAHA